Thursday, May 12, 2016

My Year as a Blogger

When I started this blog I was nervous about writing online. I've wrote for fun and I keep a journal, but I've never put anything online. I also didn't feel like I would have anything to say. But now since I've gotten comfortable with blogging I want to start a personal blog. I'm surprised that I only got stuck like two times the entire year. I had a lot to say about tournaments, trainings, and the soul of Karate. I also decided to take Journalism next year. I've always liked writing, ever since I was in elementary school. In 1st grade I won a competition, asking the entire school from kindergartners to the fifth graders to write a short story about sea creatures, African animals, or birds. I chose sea creatures and won a sea animal display (that I still have). In 3rd grade I wrote a 500 page story about an American Indian girl. The teacher would take about 15 minutes out of each class for me to read my story to the class. And in 5th grade I won a book contest and got to take home a giant, honestly twice my size, stuffed dog. By the way I still have that too. So I've had a lot of fun reading and writing my whole life. I love to read, I read all the time; before I sleep, tanning in the sun, on the bus to a game, airplanes, staging, I love books. I think people who read are more intelligent than people who say reading is boring. I'm not saying I'm super smart or anything but generally. The face people give me after I respond "no" after they ask, "oh are you reading that for school?" is all too familiar. For each person there's at least one book that can change your life. So since being in Honors English I've read a lot of different books that I wouldn't normally pick up. But I surprised myself by connecting to these books. Overall my experience in Honors English and writing this blog has been a good one. 
Photo curtesy of www.123rf.com

No comments:

Post a Comment